- 60g reduced-fat spread
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium ripe bananas, peeled and roughly mashed
- ⅓ cup coconut
- ½ cup (75g) self-raising flour
- ½ cup (80g) self-raising wholemeal flour
- Pre heat oven to 20o C/18o C fan-forced. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat spread and sugar together for 5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Add the mashed bananas and beat for a further 1 minute. Fold coconut and sifted flours into the mixture.
- Spoon approximately 1 tablespoons of mixture (per biscuit) on to baking tray, allowing some room for spreading.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden on top and cooked through
Health tip: The banana bread served at cafés is often high in fat, so these are a great alternative and portion-controlled. Making cakes in bite-sized pieces can help you portion control your calorie intake.
Cook’s tip: Store in an airtight container in the fridge, consume within 2 days if pregnant or within 3–4 days if not pregnant. Otherwise freeze up to 1 month, defrost on medium heat in microwave, consume
immediately and discard defrosted drops after 1 day.
Kids & Teens: Special occasion food
Per serve (3 drops), energy 497kJ, protein 2.8g, fat 3.7g, saturated fat 1.2g, cholesterol 31.3mg, carbohydrate 18.2g, fibre 1.5g, sodium 97.7mg, GI med