- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 6 egg yolks
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 250 g unsalted butter, melted and kept warm (do not boil)
- Combine the tarragon vinegar, white wine and onion in a small heavy-based saucepan and set over high heat. Boil until the liquid has nearly evaporated. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Strain the remaining contents of the saucepan into the bowl of a small food processor. Add the egg yolks, salt and ground black pepper and pulse until slightly thickened.
- Keep the blender running on high and pour in the melted butter in a steady stream.
- The sauce should be thick and luscious. Check for seasoning and adjust if required.
- Keep sauce warm and cover with cling wrap until ready to serve. (To stop a skin from forming make sure the cling wrap touches the surface of the sauce.)
fat 51.8 g, saturated fat 31.8 g, protein 3.9 g, carbohydrate 0.8 g, sodium 154 mg, energy 2027 kJ (484 Cal), GI low