- olive oil cooking spray
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 rashers (100 g) rindless bacon, diced
- 750g extra lean beef mince
- 1½ tablespoons gluten-free wholegrain mustard
- freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped tarragon leaves
- 250g gluten-free wholegrain spiral pasta
- ½ cup (50 g) reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, grated
- ½ cup (50 g) grated light parmesan cheese
- ½ cup (60 g) fresh gluten-free breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Grease a 15 cm x 15 cm baking dish.
- Heat the cooking spray in a large frypan over medium heat. Add the garlic and bacon, cook for 3–4 minutes or until the bacon is lightly browned. Turn the heat up to medium to high. Add the beef mince and mustard and cook, stirring regularly for 5–6 minutes or until the meat is cooked. Stir in the parsley and tarragon. Season with pepper and set aside.
- Fill a large saucepan with boiling water and add the gluten-free pasta. Cook for 6–8 minutes (the pasta should be soft, but sightly undercooked). Drain and rinse the pasta and put back in the saucepan.
- Stir the meat sauce through pasta until well combined. Transfer to the greased baking dish.
- In small bowl combine the mozzarella, parmesan and breadcrumbs. Sprinkle on top of the meat and pasta mixture. Bake in the oven for 10–15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Toddler Friendly: Children should drink full cream cows milk from 12 months of age until 2 years of age. After 2 years, either full cream or reduced fat milk can be used.
Per serve: energy 2064 kJ (491 Cal), protein 38.2 g, fat 15 g, saturated fat 6.5 g, carbohydrate 52 g, sugars 0.9 g, fibre 3.8 g, sodium 528.8 mg, GI low