- 4 large red capsicums
- 2 tablespoons Crisco sunﬂower oil
- 1 tablespoon Maggi sweet chilli sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 150g Western Star butter, melted
- pinch Lake Crystal sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ﬁnely chopped parsley
- pita chips, to serve (see Pita Chips recipe)
- Pre heat oven to 220°c/200°c fan-forced.
- cut each capsicum in half and remove the seeds. Brush with oil and bake for 20minutes. Take capsicums out of the oven and peel away the skins.
- blend the cooked capsicum in a food processor with sweet chilli sauce and garlic. Keep blending and pour in the butter slowly, in a steady stream(the mixture should become thick and creamy). Transfer to a small sauce pan and stir over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in salt and parsley. Serve with pita chips.
per serve (20g), fat5.5g, saturated fat 2.9g, protein 0.3g, carbohydrate 0.9g, sodium 46mg, energy 226 kJ (54cal), GI low