This gluten-free version of a classic favourite will be a winner with the whole family!
- 500g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free cornflour
- 1¾ cups milk
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and freshly ground black pepper pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- ¾ cup grated Havarti cheese
- ¾ cup grated tasty cheese
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan-forced. Lightly grease a large oven proof serving dish.
- Bring a large heavy-based sauce pan of lightly salted water to the boil and add the cauliflower. Cook for 6–8 minutes until just tender. Drain the cauliflower pieces into a colander, and set a side. In a small heavy-based sauce pan melt the butter over medium heat, add the cornflour and stir well while on the heat for 3 minutes. Add half the milk and whisk until smooth, then stir in the remaining milk and add the bay leaf. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Reduce the heat to low and allow to thicken, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and discard the bay leaf. Add half the cheeses and stir, ensuring all the cheese has melted
- Arrange the cooked cauliflower in the oven proof dish. Pour the cheese sauce over the cauliflower pieces, then sprinkle the rest of the grated cheeses over the top. Bake in the preheated oven for 15–20 minutes until golden
Low Fat: Use no fat milk
fat 23.4g, saturated fat 15.0g, protein 14.4g, carbohydrate 9.4g, sodium 307mg, energy 1279kJ (306Cal), GI low