This will be a hit with the whole family! Diabetic Friendly, Gluten-Free, Low GI and absolutely delicious!
- 250g gluten-free macaroni
- ¹⁄³ cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- ¹⁄³cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2¼cups reduced-fat milk
- 4 tablespoons gluten-free corn flour
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups reduced-fat tasty cheese, grated
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables, defrosted
- Pre heat oven to 180°c/160°c fan-forced. grease a baking tray. cook gluten-free pasta in a large sauce pan of boiling water until just tender. Drain, and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese then set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine ¼cup
- Milk with cornflour to form a paste. Add the remaining milk, mixing well to ensure evenly combined then pour into a sauce pan, stirring constantly over medium heat until thickened. Do not boil. Add the grated cheese and stir until melted, mix in cooked pasta and mixed vegetables. Pour in to the greased baking tray. Top with combined cheese and bread crumb topping. Bake in the oven for 15–20 minutes or until golden brown.
Diabetic Friendly – Alter serving size to 6 and use low fat milk.
Low Fat – Use low fat milk
per serve: energy 1200 kJ (287cal), protein 18.1g, fat 6.7g, saturated fat 3.8g, carbohydrate 37.8g, sugars 4.8g, fibre 2.8g, sodium 339mg, GI Low