Serves Makes 30 approx
These are full of flavour and perfect to make a couple of hours before the guests arrive!
- 500 g small cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons grated extra-tasty cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash the tomatoes and with a clean damp cloth, carefully wipe dry.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the top off each tomato and scoop out the seeds with a small spoon or melon baller and discard.
- Put the tomatoes aside on a plate until the pesto is ready.
- To make the pesto, place the basil, garlic, pine nuts and olive oil in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Using a spatula, pour the mixture into a smaller bowl. Fold in the grated Parmesan and extra-tasty cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fill a piping bag (fitted with a round nozzle) with the pesto mixture and carefully pipe into the tomato cups.
- Chill the tomatoes for 1 hour before serving.
Per tomato: fat 5.6 g, saturated fat 1.1 g, protein 1 g, carbohydrate 0.5 g, sodium 22 mg, energy 235 kJ (56 Cal), GI low