A delicious, gluten free, low fat & low lactose take on this classic dish!
- 4 x 120 g chicken breasts, skin removed
- ¼ cup gluten-free cornflour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup gluten-free dairy-free breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- green salad, to serve
Garlic ‘butter’ filling
- 80 g dairy-free spread
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- To make the garlic ‘butter’, combine all the ingredients in a small Place in the refrigerator for about 1-2 hours. Remove from the fridge and form into 4 small balls. Return to the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced.
- Place each chicken breast between two sheets of baking paper and pound with a rolling pin (or meat mallet) to flatten until 5 cm thick. Place the ball of garlic ‘butter’ in the centre of the chicken breast and fold up all the edges to encase the butter completely within the chicken.
- Arrange 3 small shallow bowls on a Pour the cornflour into one, eggs into another, and breadcrumbs into the final bowl. Coat each stuffed chicken breast in cornflour, then dip in egg, then toss in breadcrumbs. (Ensure the chicken does not open up and keep filling well enclosed within the chicken breast.)
- Heat the canola oil in a non-stick pan over medium to low Cook the crumbed chicken fillets until golden brown all over and then transfer to a baking dish and place in the oven to cook through, for about 15-20 minutes. Serve with a green salad or steamed vegetables on the side.
Diabetic Friendly: Only use 60g of dairy free spread to make garlic filling
Per serve (chicken only): energy 2246 kJ (534 Cal), protein 30.9 g, fat 34.9g, saturated fat 6.5g, carbohydrate 26.7g, sugars 0.3 g, fibre 1.1 g, sodium 184 mg, GI medium