- 2 cups gluten-free self-raising flour
- ²/³ cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups sugar
- 50 g butter, melted
- 200 g gluten-free reduced-fat
- vanilla yoghurt
- ²/³ cup reduced-fat rice milk
- 100 g margarine
- 2 cups pure icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 170°c/150°c fan-forced. Grease a 23 cm springform cake pan.
- Sift the flour, cocoa and xanthan gum into a large mixing bowl. In a medium mixing bowl, mix eggs and sugar until thick and foamy. Add the melted butter, yoghurt and rice milk into the egg mixture, and stir until well combined.
- Pour this mixture into sifted flours. Beat with electric beaters for 1–2 minutes. Pour cake batter into greased pan, bake in pre-heated oven for 45–55 minutes or until firm to touch (or when a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean). Allow to stand for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and place on a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, combine the margarine, pure icing sugar, milk and cocoa powder. Top the cooled cake with frosting and serve.
Per serve: energy 1439 kJ (342 cal), protein 3.4 g, fat 7.9 g, saturated fat 1.8 g, carbohydrate 67.5 g, sugars 50.4 g, fibre 0.5 g, sodium 392 mg, GI medium