Serves Makes 20
- 10 free-range eggs
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free mustard powder
- ¼ teaspoon gluten-free curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon gluten-free chilli powder (optional)
- salt flakes and black pepper, to taste
- Place the eggs into a large heavy-based saucepan. Cover with cold water and slowly bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer. Stir with a wooden spoon for 2 minutes to keep the yolks in the centre of the eggs. Simmer for 6–7 minutes (in total).
- Drain the hot water from the pan and fill with cold water. Crack the shells of each of the eggs and allow to sit in the cold water for 4 minutes, before draining and peeling.
- Carefully cut each egg in half lengthways and take out the yolks, while reserving the whites. Place the yolks into a mixing bowl and mash with a fork. Add the mayonnaise, ¾ of the chives, the mustard, curry and chilli powders, salt and pepper and mix well to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle and pipe into the reserved egg white cavities. Sprinkle with the remaining chives over the top of each egg.
Per piece: fat 3 g, saturated fat 0.9 g, protein 3.2 g, carbohydrate 0.7 g, sodium 57 mg, energy 177 kJ (42 Cal), GI low