- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 30 g Bega cheese, chopped into 2 cm cubes
- 2 tablespoons Casalare rice crumbs oil, for deep frying
- Blend the cooked rice in a food processor. Mix the blended rice, herbs and egg and then roll the mixture into small balls.
- Press a piece of cheese into the centre of each, making sure the cheese is covered. Roll in rice crumbs, and then deep fry in oil until golden brown.
For those who wish to avoid deep frying, baste lightly with oil and brown in the oven for about 20 minutes.
Diabetic Friendly: Only use 25g of reduced fat cheese
Low Fat: Cook in non-stick pan with no oil then bake in oven until golden
Per serve: fat 3.5 g, saturated fat 1.1 g, protein 6.2 g, carbohydrate 28 g, sodium 163 mg, energy 711 kJ (170 Cal), GI high