Serves 6 - 8
Whether it’s a family dinner or entertaining friends, Sue’s Lemon Delicious is light, fluffy and tangy!
- 60g dairy-free spread
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 4 eggs, at room temperature, separated
- zest of 1 lemon
- 150ml lemon juice
- 35g ﬁne rice ﬂour
- ¼ teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 400ml rice milk pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 190°C/170°C fan-forced. Grease a 1.5litre baking dish with dairy-free spread and coat with sugar.
- Place the dairy-free spread and sugar in a large mixing bowl, and beat using electric beater sun till thick, creamy and pale. Add egg yolks one at a time, beating well between each addition. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, flour and baking powder and mix well to combine.
- Stir in the rice milk, a little at a time, until well combined (mixture will be quite runny).
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat egg whites and salt with electric beaters until soft peaks form. Fold into the lemon mixture. Spoon the mixture into the baking dish.
- Place the baking dish into a deep roasting tray and add hot water to reach half way up the sides of the dish. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes. The pudding will rise and, when browned on top, remove from oven and serve.
energy 1010kJ (240 Cal), protein 4.6g, fat 9.3g, saturated fat 2g, carbohydrate 36g, sugars 26.9 g, fibre0.3g, sodium 70.7mg, GI medium