- 2 x 200 g barramundi fillets
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 300 g oven-baked chunky cut chips (97% fat-free)
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 2 teaspoons lime-infused oil (see Cook’s tip)
- 3 cups mixed baby salad leaves, washed
- 1 carrot, washed, peeled and sliced into long ribbons
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- zest of ¼ lime
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 baby beetroots, canned, drained and cut in half
- pepper, to taste
- Cover barramundi with lime juice and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat oven to 240oC/220oC fan-forced. Place chips on a baking tray in a single layer. Cook for 12–15 minutes until golden brown (there is no need to turn them).
- Drain fish. Put rice flour on a plate and coat fish, shaking off any excess flour.
- Heat oil in a medium-sized non-stick frypan over medium heat. Add the fish and cook for 3 minutes each side, or until light golden brown and cooked through.
- To make the dressing, mix together oil, lime juice, zest and mustard in a small bowl or shake in a jar, then dress the salad leaves and carrot.
- Place fish, chips, salad and beetroot on 2 plates, season with pepper and serve.
Health tip: In less time than it takes to order take away, this fish and chips will have more flavour and nutrition at less cost to your health or hip pocket.
Cook’s tip: Any plain or infused olive oil can be used. These are available in many delis and specialty stores.
Gluten Free: Ensure oven baked chips are gluten-free.
Per serve: energy 2150 kJ, protein 48.5 g, fat 13.9 g, saturated fat 2.7 g, cholesterol 147mg, carbohydrate 43.6 g, fibre 4.3 g, sodium 512.8 mg, GI medium