This is a terrific party drink, when alcohol is not an option ….. and when it is!
- ½ cup (125 ml) unsweetened pineapple juice
- juice of ½ lime
- 1 strip lime zest
- 2 mint leaves, washed, finely sliced
- ½ cup ice
- ½ cup (125 ml) soda water
- Place pineapple juice, lime juice, lime zest, mint and ice in a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for 1 minute.
- Pour into a glass, top with soda water, then stir and top with extra mint leaves if desired.
Health tip: Fruit juice is full of natural fruit sugar, so it is recommended that you drink no more than 125 ml per day.
Cook’s tips: If you don’t have a cocktail shaker, simply place ingredients in a glass and stir, then allow to sit in the fridge for a few minutes before adding ice to allow the flavours to infuse. Replace pineapple juice with 1 cup fresh diced pineapple and blend for added fibre and thicker drink.
Kids & Teens: Special Occasion Food
Per serve energy 264 kJ, protein 0.6 g, fat 0.2 g, saturated fat 0 g, cholesterol 0 mg, carbohydrate 13.9 g, fibre 0.2 g, sodium 29.8 mg, GI low