- 2 egg whites
- 150 g blueberries
- ½ cup CSR caster sugar
- ¾ cup Pura Meadowvale cream
- 2 teaspoons CSR icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat oven to 150°C/130°C fan-forced.
- Line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Use an electric beater to whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form. Add the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until combined. Whisk for 2–3 minutes or until sugar has dissolved and mixture is thick and glossy.
- Spoon the mixture onto oven trays, making 6 meringues, each about 8 cm in diameter.
- Using the back of a spoon make a well in each meringue. Place trays on separate shelves in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Swap tray positions and bake for a further 20 minutes.
- Beat the cream until soft peaks form. Spoon cream mixture into meringues and top with blueberries. Dust with icing sugar and serve.
Tip: When in season blackberries are also nice to use in this recipe.
Diabetic Friendly: Use low fat vanilla yoghurt instead of cream
Kids & Teens: Substitute cream for low fat fruit or plain yoghurt to reduce the fat content
Per serve: fat 10.2 g, saturated fat 6.7 g, protein 1.4 g, carbohydrate 16.3 g, sodium 19 mg, energy 666 kj (159 Cal), Gi high