- 4 egg yolks
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 350 ml good quality olive oil
- Place the egg yolks, salt and white pepper into a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until mixture has become thick, pale and ﬂuffy.
- Add half the olive oil gradually and continue beating. When the mixture has thickened, whip in the vinegar and lemon juice, then continue adding the remaining oil, beating until smooth. Adjust seasoning if required.
- Cover the mayonnaise with cling wrap and keep in the refrigerator. (To stop a skin from forming make sure the cling wrap touches the surface of the mayonnaise.)
fat 80 g, saturated fat 12 g, protein 2.5 g, carbohydrate 0.1 g, sodium 440 mg, energy 3008 kJ (719 Cal), GI low