- 2kg piece top side
- 6 baby onions, halved
- 3 carrots, cutinto chunks
- 2 parsnips, cut into chunks
- 1 cup Moredough vegetable stock
- 1 table spoon White Wings Organic gluten-free plain ﬂour
- 60g Western Star butter
- 1 table spoon Crisco sunﬂower oil, for frying
- Trim excess fat from the meat. In a heavy-based pan, heat the oil and half of the butter. Brown the meat then remove from pan. Place all the vegetables in the pan and cook for 5minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the vegetables from pan.
- return the meat to the pan and add the vegetable stock. Cover the pan and bring to a simmer for 2hours, turning once, making sure it does not boil.
- Put the vegetables back into the pan and cook for a further 30minutes. Remove and slice the meat.
- mix the ﬂour and remaining butter until smooth. stir in to the pan juices and boil until mixture thickens, whisking constantly. Pour over the sliced meat and serve.
Gluten Free: Use GF Vege Stock
per serve, fat 27.0g, saturated fat 12.6g, protein 74.2g, carbohydrate 9.0g, sodium 2371mg, energy 2431kJ (581 Cal), GI high