- ¼ cup rice
- ½ cup juice (from tinned peaches in natural juice)
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup tinned peaches (in natural juice)
- Place the rice, juice and milk into a saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir twice throughout while simmering. Turn off the heat and stir well, and then cover and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve with the tinned peaches.
Baby Friendly – Suitable for 8-10 months
Health tip: Children should drink full cream cow’s milk from 12 months until 2 years of age. After the age of 2 years either full cream or reduced-fat milk can be used (see page 94 for more information).
Cook’s tip: Extra stirring is required here as the fruit juice and milk can cause the rice to clump together more easily.
Per serve: energy 812 kJ, protein 5.4 g, fat 3.4 g, saturated fat 2.2 g, cholesterol 12.6 mg, carbohydrate 34.8 g, fibre 0.9 g, sodium 44.2 mg, GI medium