A healthy take on the classic Chicken Parma!
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless
- 1 table spoon Crisco sunﬂower oil, for frying
- 4 table spoons Jensen’s tomato pasta sauce
- ½ cup grated Bega cheese
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 green capsicum, chopped
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup A2 milk
- ½ cup White Wings gluten-free plain ﬂour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup Casalare gluten-free rice crumbs
- Pre heat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
- Take out four bowls. Put milk in to one, ﬂour into another, beaten egg in the next and place the rice crumbs in the last one. Dip chicken breasts in to the milk, then ﬂour, followed by egg mix and rice crumbs.
- Heat the oil in a fry pan and add the chicken and cook until golden. Remove from pan and place on oven tray. Top with pasta sauce, cheese, red and green capsicum, mushrooms and cheese.
- Place in the oven and cook for 35 minutes and then serve.
Low Fat: Consider cooking in non-stick pan with no oil, then bake in oven until golden to avoid unnecessary added fats
Toddler: Serve as finger food. Consider reduced fat dairy for infants over 2 years old
Per serve: fat 29.5g, saturated fat 9.2g, protein 84.7g, carbohydrate 53.4g, sodium 411mg, energy 3468 kJ (829 Cal), GI high