- 1 tomato
- 1 teaspoon ‘pizza topper’ dried herbs
- 2 extra-light tortillas
- 1 slice (20 g) ham, finely diced
- ¼ red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 tin pineapple pieces, canned, drained and cut in half
- ⅓ cup (40 g) grated cheese (25% reduced-fat)
- Preheat oven to 200 C/180 C fan-forced.
- Purée the tomato in a small hand-held food processor. Pour into a small saucepan and add pizza topper herbs. Cook over high heat and bring to the boil. Once boiled, simmer over low heat for 10 minutes, or until the tomato sauce is thick.
- Place tortilla on lightly floured pizza tray, spread with tomato sauce, and top with flavourings of your liking, such as ham, capsicum, pineapple and cheese.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and slightly golden.
Health tip: Homemade pizzas are a great meal for kids and you can easily get them involved in their preparation.
Cook’s tip: You could also use wholemeal pita pockets or plain bread as a pizza base.
Gluten Free: Use GF Corn tortilla
Per serve: energy 1033 kJ, protein 12.1 g, fat 7.1 g, saturated fat 3.7 g, cholesterol 20 mg, carbohydrate 31 g, fibre 3.8 g, sodium 435 mg, GI medium