Serves Makes 14 rolls
- 40 g rice vermicelli
- 200 g chicken, poached and shredded
- 120 g iceberg lettuce, washed and shredded
- ¼ red capsicum (bell pepper), deseeded and cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 small carrot, cut into thin matchsticks
- 20 g snow pea shoots, ends removed
- 1 bunch Vietnamese mint, washed (about 14 leaves)
- 14 medium rice paper sheets
- 50 ml sweet chilli sauce
- ½ teaspoon coriander, washed and roughly chopped
- ¾ tablespoon ﬁsh sauce
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- Cook vermicelli according to packet instructions. When ready, drain and rinse under cold running water. Once drained, cut the noodles into small pieces using kitchen scissors.
- Shred the poached chicken into small pieces (the meat should be easy to pull apart by following the chicken’s natural muscle ﬁbres).
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the lettuce, noodles, capsicum, chicken, carrot and snowpea shoots. (To make it easier to assemble the rolls, measure out 30–35 g noodle mixture in advance and place a mint leaf on top of each pile.)
- Place 2–4 sheets of rice paper in a large bowl of warm water.
- Once the rice paper is pliable, but not too soft (it should turn white in colour), remove the wrapper from the water and place on a double-thickness of paper towel. Then place on a clean work surface.
- Place ingredients about 1–1.5 cm from the bottom of the sheet. Fold in the ends of the wrapper and then roll up tightly to enclose the ﬁlling. Place on a plate and cover with damp paper towel. Repeat with remaining wrappers and ﬁlling ingredients.
- To make the dipping sauce, place all ingredients in a small bowl and mix together.
- Serve rice paper rolls with dipping serve.
Tip: The rolls can be stored between layers of dampened paper towels to prevent the rice paper from drying out.
Diabetic Friendly: Serving is 1 roll to be Diabetic Friendly
Gluten Free: Use GF fish sauce and GF sweet chilli sauce
Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian: Use shredded tofu instead of chicken
Per serve (2 rolls): fat 2.9 g | saturated fat 0.8 g | protein 9.5 g | carbohydrate 33.2 g | sodium 294 mg | energy 832 kJ (199 Cal) | GI low