These quick and easy skewers make a tasty and healthy family meal!
- 4 squid tubes
- 8 bamboo skewers (soaked in water before using)
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 2 cups Maggi sweet chilli sauce
- steamed rice, to serve
- Preheat a barbecue or grill to a high heat.
- Cut the squid tubes lengthways into strips. Thread strips onto pre-soaked skewers.
- Place squid skewers on barbecue or grill. Toss with spring onions. Cook, turning several times, for 1–2 minutes or until the squid is just cooked.
- Pour 1 cup sweet chilli sauce over the skewers and quickly sizzle.
- Serve squid tubes on a bed of rice and serve with the remaining sauce on the side.
Variation: This salad is quick to make and is a real treat for seafood lovers. To serve this dish as a main, double the quantity of ingredients and sauté the squid (without the skewers). Serve the cooked squid and sauce on some baby spinach and then garnish with halved cherry tomatoes.
Per serve (without rice) : fat 3.4g, saturated fat 1.1 g, protein 43.2g, carbohydrate 53.5g, sodium 1976mg, energy 1782 kj (426 cal), GI high