- 1½ cups San Remo gluten-free penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon Nuttelex margarine
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons White Wings gluten-free plain flour
- 1¾ cups A2 milk
- ¾ cup Bega tasty cheese, grated
- 185 g Green Seas tuna chunks in brine, drained
- ½ tablespoon MasterFoods wholegrain mustard
- ½ cup Casalare rice crumbs
- Preheat oven to l80°C/l60°C fan-forced.
- Lightly grease a pie dish. Cook the penne pasta according to packet directions.
- Meanwhile, place the margarine in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until transparent. Remove from the heat, add the flour and milk and stir constantly until smooth. Return to the heat and simmer gently.
- Remove from the heat. Add drained pasta, cheese, tuna and mustard and stir until well combined. Pour the mixture into a pie dish and sprinkle with rice crumbs. Cook for 25 minutes in the oven and then serve.
Diabetic Friendly: Must be served with steamed vegetables, ie: broccoli, asparagus and carrot or put peas, corn and carrot into the recipe
Low Fat: Could used reduced fat cheese to further lower fat content
Per serve: fat 11.2 , saturated fat 4.4 g, protein 26 g, carbohydrate 58.7 g, sodium 460 mg, energy l9l8 kJ (458 Cal), GI high