A light and easy to make dessert, perfect for spring and summer season strawberries!
- 4 teaspoons gelatine
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) boiling water
- 2 cups (500 ml) light cranberry juice (or juice of choice, see Cook’s tip)
- 200 g tub Jalna low-fat strawberry yoghurt
- 100 g strawberries
- Dissolve gelatine in boiling water.
- Heat juice in the microwave on high for 2 minutes or until just boiling. Stir in gelatine mixture, then set aside to cool. When cooled whisk in yoghurt thoroughly.
- Pour jelly into 4 small ramekins or tea cups immediately.
- Remove tops of 8 strawberries and chop into small pieces. Drop strawberries into the mixture. Set in fridge for 2 hours.
- Place remaining strawberries in a bowl and serve with the jelly.
Health tip: Yoghurt is a great source of calcium, low GI carbohydrates and protein. Cranberries are believed to reduce the risk of urinary tract infections. Strawberries are a great source of vitamin C.
Cook’s tip: Alternatively use apple juice or apricot nectar instead of cranberry juice. Or try using peach and mango yoghurt with drained tinned peaches or apricots in natural juice to serve.
Low Lactose: Use lactose free yoghurt
Kids & Teens: Special Occasion food
Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian: Use agar instead of gelatine
Per serve energy 273 kJ, protein 5.8 g, fat 0.1 g, saturated fat 0 g, cholesterol 1.5 mg, carbohydrate 9.6 g, fibre 0.6 g, sodium 60.2 mg, GI low