This is an easy dessert is healthy and so good for the whole family!
- ½ cup (95 g/3¼ oz) cooked Doongara rice, cooled
- 200 g (6½ oz) low-fat vanilla yoghurt
- 8 dried apricot halves
- ¼ cup (60 ml/2 fl oz) unsweetened orange juice
- 1 passionfruit, pulp removed
- ½ cup (125 ml/4 fl oz) water
- Place the orange juice, water and apricots in a small saucepan and cook until the apricots start to soften and the liquid resembles a syrup.
- Set aside to cool, then stir in the passionfruit pulp.
- Combine the rice and yoghurt and then put the mixture into two serving bowls.
- Top with the apricot mixture and serve.
Low Lactose – Replace yoghurt with lactose free yoghurt.
Gluten Free – Replace yoghurt with gluten free yoghurt.
Per serve: Energy 751 kJ / Fat <1 g / Saturated fat 0 g / Carbohydrate 34g (2 exchanges) / Fibre 3 g / Sodium 90 mg / GI low