These gorgeous muffins are perfect for lunch boxes, or for afternoon tea.
- 2 cups gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 40 g margarine, melted
- 200 g gluten-free reduced-fat vanilla yoghurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 sugar cup
- Preheat oven to 170°c/150°c fan-forced.
- Grease a 12-hole muffin pan.
- Sift flour, xanthan gum, mixed spice and cinnamon into a large bowl.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the melted margarine, yoghurt and eggs. Stir in the mashed banana and sugar. Add this mixture into flour. Mix well with a metal spoon for 1–2 minutes, or until just combined.
- Pour muffin mix evenly into muffin holes.
- Cook for 12–15 minutes or until golden brown (or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre of the muffin).
energy 836 kJ (199 cal), protein 2.5 g, fat 3 g, saturated fat 0.7 g, carbohydrate 42 g, sugars 22.9 g, fibre 0.8 g, sodium 400 mg, gi medium