Try these gorgeous pikelets warm from the pan!
- 1½ cups (420 g/13½ oz) self-raising flour
- 200 g (6½ oz) low-fat vanilla yoghurt
- olive oil spray
- 125 g (4 oz) blueberries (1 punnet)
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- ¾ cup (185 ml/6 fl oz) low-fat milk
- Sift the flour into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix the egg, yoghurt and milk.
- Make a well in the centreof the dry ingredients and gradually mix in the wet ingredients, adding extra milk if required.
- Heat a non-stick frypan to a moderate heat and spray lightly with oil.
- Put approximately one heaped tablespoon of mixture into the pan for each pikelet.
- Press 5–6 blueberries into each pikelet.
- Turn when bubbles start to appear on the surface, and cook until light and fluffy.
Toddler – Full cream dairy is recommended for children under 2 years.
Per pikelet: Energy 402 kJ / Fat 1 g / Saturated fat <1 g / Carbohydrate 17 g (1 exchange) / Fibre 1 g / Sodium 146 mg / GI med