Full of flavour, this is a lovely winter soup!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g carrots, sliced
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1.25 litres chicken stock
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 large brown onion, peeled and kept whole
- 150ml Greek-style yoghurt
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan then add the carrots and stir for a few minutes. Reduce the heat, cover and cook for a further 5minutes, until tender but not coloured.
- Stir in the ground coriander and cook for 1minute. Pour in the stock and season with salt and ground black pepper. Add thew hole onion and bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 25minutes until the carrots are tender.
- Remove the onion and allow the soup to cool slightly, then blend in a food processor until smooth. Return the soup to the sauce pan and add 2 tablespoons yoghurt. Taste the soup and add more seasoning if desired
- Pour soup into serving bowls and place a spoonful of yoghurt on top. Sprinkle with fresh coriander leaves and serve.
Lacto-ovo Vegetarian: Use vegetable stock
Low FODMAP: Omit onion and replace with 2 tablespoons of finely chopped chives. Replace Greek style yoghurt with Liddells Lactose Free Yoghurt. Check stock contains no onion or garlic. Click here to purchase Dr Sue Shepherd’s Low FODMAP Diet Shopping Guide.
fat 3.8g, saturated fat 1.2g, protein 7.4g, carbohydrate 3.1g, sodium 58mg, energy 360kJ(86Cal), GI low
The Low FODMAP modifications are recommendations only and please note that individual tolerances may and do vary. If in doubt, you should seek advice from an Accredited Practising Dietitian. We also recommend you purchase a copy of Dr Sue Shepherd’s Low FODMAP Shopping Guide. Click here to purchase.