A lovely homemade decaf alternative to a café style chai latté!
- 1 decaffeinated tea bag
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup (60 ml) boiling water
- 1 cup (250 ml) light milk
- cinammon, extra, for garnish (optional)
- Place tea bag, honey and cinnamon in a coffee mug.
- Pour over hot water and stir to combine.
- Pour in milk and heat in microwave on high for about 1 minute, or longer, if you prefer a hotter drink. (Alternatively heat milk in a saucepan over medium heat until warmed.)
- Sprinkle with extra cinnamon, if desired.
Health tip: A decaf homemade alternative to a café-style chai latte.
Cook’s tip: Alternatively you can replace the boiled water with milk for a creamier version.
Low Lactose: Use Lactose free milk or soy milk
Per serve energy 651 kJ, protein 10.3 g, fat 3.8 g, saturated fat 2.3 g, cholesterol 18 mg, carbohydrate 20 g, fibre 1.1 g, sodium 132.9 mg, GI low