These gorgeous little savoury muffins are the perfectly healthy snack, with lots of flavour!
- 1 cup fine rice flour
- ½ cup gluten-free corn flour
- ½ cup soy flour (debittered, if available)
- 2 tea spoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tea spoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tea spoon xanthan gum
- 1 tea spoon chilli powder
- 3 eggs
- ½ small red capsicum, deseeded and finely diced
- 70g dairy-free spread, melted
- 200g gluten-free plain soy yoghurt
- ¾ cup rice milk
- ¾ cup sheep’s pecorino cheese, grated
- 2 table spoons chopped parsley salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 190°C/170°C fan-forced. Grease a 12-hole muffin tray
- Sift the flours, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, xanthan gum and chilli into a large mixing bowl.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the eggs, capsicum, dairy-free spread, soy yoghurt, rice milk, cheese and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Pour this mixture into the sifted flours. Beat with electric beaters for 2–3 minutes. Pour muffin mix into greased muffin pans until they are two-thirds full. Bake in oven for 12–15 minutes or until firm to touch (or when a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean). Allow to stand for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and place on a wire rack to cool.
energy 760 kJ (181 Cal), protein 6.6g, fat 9.3g, saturated fat 2.7g, carbohydrate 18.4g, sugars 2.3g, fibre0.8g, sodium 154 mg, GI medium