This delicious risotto is perfect for entertaining or a wholesome family meal!
- cooking spray
- 400 g chicken breast, sliced
- 1 bulb fennel, finely sliced
- 6 cups gluten-free chicken stock
- 2 cups arborio rice
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup sheep’s pecorino cheese, grated
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Spray a non-stick frypan with cooking spray and saute sliced chicken, fennel and pine nuts until golden brown. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring the chicken stock to the boil. Add the rice and cook uncovered over medium to low heat, stirring When almost all of the liquid is absorbed, add the chicken, fennel, pine nuts and spinach. Stir through to combine well. Continue cooking until all the liquid is absorbed and the spinach has wilted. Stir through the cheese and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Diabetic Friendly: Garnish with a light sprinkle of extra pinenuts
Lacto-ovo Vegetarian: Omit chicken and ensure 120g of pinenuts in total for recipe, consider additional cup of spinach
Per serve (5) : Energy 2187 kJ (520 Cal), protein 28.2 g, fat 14.7 g, saturated fat 3.9 g, carbohydrate 67.4 g, sugars 2.1 g, fibre 2.9 g, sodium 665 mg, GI medium