- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 85g Western Star butter, softened
- 2 table spoons ﬁnely chopped parsley
- 4 large skinless chicken breasts
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups Casalare rice crumbs
- 1 table spoon Crisco sunﬂower oil, for frying
- Place the garlic, butter and parsley in a small bowl and mix well. Place the mixture on to baking paper and shape into a rectangle. Wrap in baking paper and freeze for 20minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, cut down one edge of each chicken breast to create a ‘pocket’, taking care not to cut right through
- remove the butter mixture from the freezer. Cut in to4 pieces and put a piece inside each chicken breast. Using tooth picks, keep the chicken sealed. Dip the chicken breasts into the beaten egg and then place into the rice crumbs, ensuring all the chicken is covered. Cover the chicken with cling wrap and refrigerate for 2hours.
- Pre heat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
- Heat the oil in a fry pan and gently place the chicken into the oil, cooking both sides until golden brown (about 4 minutes per side). Remove the tooth picks and place the chicken into the oven for 15–20 minutes, then serve.
per serve, fat 48.1g, saturated fat 19.7g, protein 91.4g, carbohydrate 69.8g, sodium 352mg, energy 4567 kJ (1092Cal), GI high