- canola oil spray
- 300 g chicken breast
- Salt and pepper
- 500 g sweet potato peeled, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 50 g spinach, washed, stalks trimmed
- 50 g rocket (arugula), washed
- 170 g red capsicum deseeded and thinly sliced
- 100 g beans shoots, washed
- 130 g snow peas, trimmed and sliced
- 50 g red (Spanish) onion, ﬁnely sliced
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- pinch sweet paprika
- 100 ml yoghurt (97% fat-free)
- 50 ml lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper and lightly spray with canola oil. Place the chicken on one baking tray, lightly season with salt and pepper and roast for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- On the other tray place the sweet potatoes and lightly spray with canola oil and then bake for 25–30 minutes until lightly golden. Remove from oven and allow the chicken and sweet potato to cool.
- Shred the chicken and set aside until ready to assemble the salad.
- Place the spinach, rocket, capsicum, bean shoots, snow peas and red onion in a bowl and toss together.
- To make the yoghurt dressing, mix together all the ingredients until combined.
- To serve, assemble the salad in bowls with the shredded chicken on top (or toss through if preferred) and then pour the yoghurt dressing over the salad and serve.
Tip: This salad is best eaten the same day but will last for another day if refrigerated.
Low Lactose: Replace yoghurt with lactose free yoghurt
Gluten Free: Replace yoghurt with gluten free yoghurt
Per serve: fat 6.4 g | saturated fat 1.6 g | protein 26.3 g | carbohydrate 31.2 g | sodium 102 mg | energy 1263 kJ (302 Cal) | GI high