A silky smooth delicious mousse without all the guilt!
- 2 ripe avocadoes (480 g)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1½ cups gluten-free drinking chocolate
- 2½ tablespoons maple syrup
- strawberries or other fresh berries, to serve
- Cut the avocadoes in half and scoop out the flesh. Place in a food processor with the vanilla essence, drinking chocolate and maple syrup. Blend on high speed until well combined, and the mixture has a texture of a smooth paste.
- Divide among 6 bowls and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve with strawberries or other fresh berries on top.
While this dessert is high in sugar and fat, it has been included as it is lower in saturated fat than traditional chocolate mousse. Enjoy as a special occasion treat.
Per serve: Energy 1215 kJ (325 Cal), protein 2.8 g, fat 19.5 g, saturated fat 4.7 g, carbohydrate 26.9 g, sugars 25.6 g, fibre 1.6 g, sodium 43 mg, GI low