With the zing of citrus and the yummy polenta fingers, this salad is more than just a salad!
- 3 cups (750ml) gluten-free chicken stock
- 1 cup (200g) instant polenta
- ¼ cup (30g) light parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 2 x 150g skinless chicken breast fillets
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- ¼ teaspoon mustard powder
- 4 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- juice of 1 orange
- pepper to taste
- 3 cups (150g) rocket leaves
- 1 medium (220g) orange, peeled, cut into small slices
- ½ cup (35g) snow pea sprouts
- ½ cup (40g) finely sliced fennel to serve
- 2 tablespoon lemon-infused olive oil
- To prepare the polenta, bring the chicken stock to the boil in a medium sized saucepan. Pour in the instant polenta, and cook over medium heat for 3–5 minutes, stirring constantly – the mixture should be very thick. Add the cheese and parsley. Pour cooked polenta into paperlined 15 cm x 15 cm baking dish. Smooth the surface, cool slightly and then refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced.
- Turn out the polenta onto a large chopping board and cut into 6 cm x 2 cm sized pieces. Place on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the garlic, celery salt, pepper, mustard powder, marmalade, orange zest, orange juice and boiling water in a bowl and combine well. Brush over the chicken fillets. Place chicken in a roasting pan, and cover pan with foil. Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, then remove the foil and return to oven to bake for a further 10–15 minutes (or until the chicken is cooked through). Also place the tray of polenta fingers in oven and bake for 10–15 minutes or until fingers begin to turn golden brown. Remove both chicken and polenta from oven when cooked. Cover each with foil to keep warm (allow the chicken to rest whilst preparing salad).
- In a large bowl, toss all salad ingredients until well combined. Pile onto four plates. Slice chicken fillets and arrange over salad. Serve with warm polenta fingers on the side.
per serve, energy 2057 kJ (489 Cal), protein 26.5 g, fat 14.7 g, saturated fat 3.5 g, carbohydrate 60.6 g, sugars 24.7 g, fibre 4.1 g, sodium 1396.7 mg, GI low