- 350 g red cabbage
- 350 g cabbage
- 185 g bean shoots, washed
- 250 g sweet corn, drained
- 2 red gala apples, washed and grated
- 100 g red capsicum, washed, seeds removed and diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and ﬁnely julienned
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 3 teaspoons mild English mustard
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Using a mandolin, sharp knife or food processor, ﬁnely slice all the cabbage. Place in a large bowl and add the bean shoots, corn kernels, grated apple, red capsicum and carrot. Mix until combined.
- To make the dressing, mix the yoghurt, mustard, salt, pepper and lemon juice in a small bowl until combined.
- Add the dressing to the coleslaw mix just before serving. Dressing the salad just before serving will keep the coleslaw crisp, and prevent it from becoming soggy.
Gluten Free: Use gluten free mustard
Low Lactose: Use lactose free yoghurt
Diabetic Friendly: Serve with lean BBQ meat or chicken
Per serve: fat 0.9 g | saturated fat 0 g | protein 7.2 g | carbohydrate 38.4 g | sodium 296 mg | energy 962 kJ (230 Cal) | GI high