Serves Makes 8-10 fritters
- ½ cup (70 g/2¼ oz) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon salt-reduced stock powder
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 310 g (10 oz) can creamed corn
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 1½ cups (260 g/8½ oz) frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- olive oil spray
- Put the flour and stock powder into a large bowl and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg, creamed corn, onion flakes and corn kernels.
- Fold the egg mixture through the dry ingredients.
- Stir through the chives.
- Lightly spray a non-stick frypan with olive oil spray.
- Place a heaped tablespoon of the batter into the pan and flatten with a spatula to form a round fritter.
- Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes or until browned on one side. Turn the fritter over and cook the other side until golden, and cooked through. Keep fritters warm while you cook the remaining batter.
Gluten Free – Replace self raising flour for gluten free self raising flour and use gluten free stock.
Per fritter (10): Energy 369 kJ / Fat 1 g / Saturated fat <1 g Carbohydrate: 16 g (1 exchange) / Fibre 2 g / Sodium 218 mg / GI med