- 250 g fresh or canned crab meat
- 50 g butter
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free cornflour
- 1.25 litres milk
- freshly grated nutmeg
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon whipped cream (optional)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Flake the crabmeat and pulse in a food processor until chopped (do not overprocess). Set aside.
- Melt the butter and add the tomato paste and cornflour and cook, stirring until blended. Add the milk and continue stirring while cooking on a low heat until thick and smooth (about 12 minutes).
- Add the nutmeg and season with salt and ground black pepper, to taste. Add the crab meat and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Just before serving add the sherry.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream (if using).
- Sprinkle with paprika and serve warm.
Per 100 g: fat 2.5 g, saturated fat 1.6 g, protein 4.6 g, carbohydrate 5.7 g, sodium 116 mg, energy 283 kJ (69 Cal), GI low