An easy, healthy family meal with a delicious sauce!
- 1 tablespoon Crisco sunﬂower oil
- 4 chicken ﬁllets, whole
- 1tablespoon Western Star butter
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 4 spring onions, ﬁnely chopped
- 200 ml Pura Meadowvale cream
- ¼ cup Lucky slivered almonds
- steamed rice and steamed vegetables, for serving, if desired
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
- Heat the oil in a fry pan. When hot add the chicken ﬁllets and cook until browned.
- Take the chicken out of the pan and place in a small, deep casserole dish. Set aside.
- In a fry pan, melt the butter and add mushrooms and spring onions, and cook until soft. Pour in the cream and stir until the cream changes colour. Pour this mixture over the browned chicken (in the casserole dish). Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake chicken for 40 minutes or until tender.
- Serve with steamed rice and your choice of vegetables, if desired.
Diabetic Friendly: Consider cooking in a non-stick pan with no oil and use evaporated skim milk instead to cream.
Low Fat: Consider cooking in a non-stick pan with no oil and use evaporated skim milk instead to cream.
Per serve: fat 53.0 g, & saturated fat 23.5 g, protein 76.5 g, carbohydrate 2.7 g, sodium 233 mg, energy 3318 kJ (799 Cal), GI low