A delightful gluten free take on this beautiful classic !
- ½ cup fine rice flour
- ¼ cup gluten-free cornflour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- 2 eggs
- 300 ml rice milk
- 40 g Nuttelex, melted
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- pinch of salt
- 2 large oranges
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- double cream, for serving, if desired
- Sift the ﬂours into a mixing bowl. In another bowl beat the eggs then add the rice milk and melted Nuttelex. Make a well in the ﬂour mixture and pour in the egg mixture. Carefully mix together and whisk until smooth.
- Heat a crêpe pan or an electric frying pan. When hot add a knob of butter and pour some of the mixture into the pan. Cook until golden then ﬂip over to lightly cook the other side. When cooked through, place each crêpe on to a plate and keep warm. Continue until all of the mixture has been used.
- To make the sauce, carefully remove the rind from one orange ensuring that there is no white pith on the rind. Finely slice the rind into thin strips. Squeeze the juice from both oranges.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan. When melted add the sugar and rind with the juice and cook until sugar has dissolved and the mixture is bubbling. Fold each crêpe in half and add to the pan one at a time. Coat in the sauce and then fold in half again. Move to warm serving plates and continue until all crêpes have been coated. Add the Grand Marnier and brandy to the pan and cook gently for 3 minutes, until the sauce has caramelised.
- Pour the sauce over the crêpes and serve warm with cream, if desired.
Per serve: fat 11.7 g, saturated fat 4.9 g, protein 2.9 g, carbohydrate 31.6 g, sodium 163 mg, energy 1088 kJ (260 Cal), GI high