- 2 slices multigrain bread
- 3 tablespoons dry polenta
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 400 g (13 oz) boneless white fish (for example, flathead tails)
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- olive oil spray
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Heat oven to 220°C (400°F/Gas 6) and place a non-stick baking tray in the oven to warm.
- Place two slices of bread in a food processor and mix until it forms a fine crumb, stir through the polenta and place on a large plate.
- Whisk the egg and milk together in a small bowl.
- Cut fish into child-friendly pieces.
- Place flour in a freezer bag and toss the fish in the flour.
- Dip each fillet into the egg mixture and then roll in the breadcrumbs, pressing firmly, using all of the crumbs.
- Remove the tray from the oven and lightly spray with oil.
- Place the fish pieces on the tray and spray the top of the fillets with oil.
- Bake for approximately 15–20 minutes or until the fish is cooked, turning once.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges and additional carbohydrate (for example, corn cobs, low-fat oven fries) and vegetables.
Gluten Free – Use gluten free plain flour and gluten free multi grain breadcrumbs.
Per serve (fish only): Energy 954 kJ / Fat 6 g / Saturated fat 2 g / Carbohydrate 17 g (1 exchange) / Fibre 1 g / Sodium 177 mg / GI med