Serves Makes 18-20
Perfect for afternoon tea with friends or as kids party treats!
- 140 g unsalted dairy-free spread
- 250 g dark dairy-free chocolate buttons
- 1½ cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup gluten-free plain flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- ½ cup dark dairy-free chocolate chips
- ½ cup rice milk
- 80 g whole macadamia nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease and line a 19 cm x 29 cm rectangular shallow baking tin.
- In a medium saucepan, melt dairy-free spread and dairy-free chocolate over low Stir until the mixture is smooth. Add the sugar, stirring continuously until fully dissolved. Transfer to a large bowl and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Sift the flours and xanthan gum three times into a Alternatively, mix together with a whisk until well combined.
- Stir the eggs one at a time into the cooled chocolate Add the vanilla essence and sifted dry ingredients, choc chips, rice milk and macadamia nuts (if using). Spread the mixture into the baking tin.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, then cover with foil and bake for a further 20-25 Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for 30-40 minutes, or until at room temperature.
- Transfer to the refrigerator for 2-3 hours until firm, or leave
- When ready to eat turn out onto a cutting Remove greaseproof paper and cut into squares and serve.
Per serve (20): energy 1114 kJ (265 Cal), protein 2.3 g, fat 14.3 g, saturated fat 4.5 g,carbohydrate 33.7 g, sugars 25.7 g, fibre 0.6 g, sodium 159 mg, GI medium