- 750g Sebago potatoes, peeled and chopped into quarters
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 egg yolks
- salt and pinch white pepper
- 1 egg, extra
- 1 tablespoon water fresh parsley, to serve
- Preheat an oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan-forced. Lightly grease a baking tray with olive oil spray then line with baking paper.
- Place the potatoes in a sauce pan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat, reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain and return the potatoes to the sauce pan. Cook over high heat for a few minutes to ensure all moisture has been evaporated.
- Mash the potatoes until very smooth. Pass through a sieve using the back of a spoon to ensure no lumps remain. Stir in the melted butter and the egg yolks. Season well with salt and white pepper.
- Place the potato mixture into a piping bag fitted with a 1.5–2cm fluted nozzle. Pipe the potato rosettes on to a prepared tray. Beat the egg with the water and brush over the rosettes
- Bake in the oven for 15–20minutes, or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with parsley. Place on a platter and serve with your choice of roasted meats
Diabetic Friendly: Alter serving size to 8 serves
fat 11.8g, saturated fat 6.4g, protein 7.5g, carbohydrate 24.9g, sodium 28mg, energy 1020kJ (244Cal), GI high
The Low FODMAP modifications are recommendations only and please note that individual tolerances may and do vary. If in doubt, you should seek advice from an Accredited Practising Dietitian. We also recommend you purchase a copy of Dr Sue Shepherd’s Low FODMAP Shopping Guide. Click here to purchase.