Anca Vereen is Accredited Practicing Dietitian and Sports Nutritionist with a background in psychology and counselling. As an integrative practitioner she combines expert nutrition knowledge with practical counselling techniques to identify unique needs and tailor specific recommendations that are sustainable. Her skills are also complemented by the use of the latest technological advances like body composition analysis and nutritional genetics.
Anca is passionate about nutritional psychology and how to gut microbiome and certain nutritional imbalances contribute to experiencing depression, anxiety, psychosis or other mood disorders and well as gut related complaints (IBS, IBD, leaky gut etc).
Anca is currently working in private practice and is undergoing research in nutrigenomics. She also enjoys cooking and using her European heritage to develop recipes that are microbiome friendly (help grow and keep you gut bacteria balanced).
Take advantage of Anca’s strong evidence-based and mind body approach and benefit from modern assessment techniques that remove the guesswork and gives you a more complete and accurate understanding of your state of health.
Anca currently dedicates 2 full days to her private practice. The balance of her week is spent conducting research in nutrigenomics and working as a lecturer at Latrobe University.
Areas of practice
- Weight loss and healthy eating
- Digestive health (IBS, Chrons, ulcerative colitis, diverticulitis, gastritis, intolerances, leaky gut, reflux )
- Heart health (hypertension , high cholesterol, stroke etc )
- Metabolic health (diabetes, insulin resistance, fatty liver, metabolic syndrome)
- Womens health (fertility, pregnancy, lactation, menopause, PCOS)
- Aged care (malnutrition and weight loss)
- Mental health- depression, anxiety, schizophernia
- Pain management- anti inflamatory diet
- Nutrigenomics – genetic testing available
- Sports nutrition
- Body composition analysis – testing and interpreation
- Nutrition and dietetics consulting
- Body composition analysis testing
- Genetic testing
- Skype Consultations
Bachelor in Nutrition & Dietetics (Honours)
Bachelor of Science in Psychology
Advanced Diploma of Sports and Exercise Nutrition
Profesional Diploma of Nutritional Therapy
Diploma of Counselling (current)
Nutritional Genomics certificate
Accredited Optifast Practitioner
Science of Weight Management certificate
Fundamentals of Fat Loss certificate
Advanced Weight Management Coaching certificate
Mindfulness Training Certificate
Accredited Practising Dietitian and Nutritionist
Member of Dietitians Association of Australia (DAA)
Member of Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (USA)
Member of ADA Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine
Member of DAA Gastroenterology group
Member of DAA Nutritional Genomic group
Member of DAA Integrative Medicine group
For additional information please visit: www.vereenhealth.com.au
To read Anca’s latest blog click HERE