- 1 cup Doongara rice
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 4 green spring onions, finely sliced
- 125 g ham, finely sliced
- 1 mushrooms, finely diced
- 1 celery stalk, finely diced
- ¼ medium red capsicum, finely diced
- ¼ cup frozen corn
- ¼ cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- spring onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal, extra, for serving
- Cook the rice as per packet instructions or until tender. Drain well and set aside for 10 minutes to cool. Spread over a large plate and place in the fridge to dry out for a further 10 minutes.
- Brush a little oil in a non-stick fry pan, and heat over medium heat. Pour in half the egg mix and spread around the pan. Cook for 2–3 minutes or until set and slightly golden underneath. Transfer to a clean plate. Cook the remaining egg mixture the same way. Roll the egg pancakes up and cut into thin strips.
- Heat the remaining oil in a wok over high heat. Add spring onions and ham, and stir fry for 2–3 minutes. Add the mushroom, celery and capsicum and stir fry for a further 2–3 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Add corn, peas, rice and half the egg mixture, toss to combine and heat through. Add soy sauce and toss to combine.
- Divide rice into serving bowls top with remaining egg mixture and spring onions to serve.
Health tip: This is a much lower fat and sodium option than store-bought varieties.
Cook’s tip: This amount can serve 2 children and 2 adults, if preferred. You can try using different vegetables, such as onion, beans, broccoli or zucchini.
Gluten Free: Use GF ham and soy sauce
Per serve: energy 788 kJ, protein 8.7 g, fat 3.7 g, saturated fat 0.9 g, cholesterol 56 mg, carbohydrate 29 g, fibre 1.3 g, sodium 413.3 mg, GI medium