A lovely fresh and easy dessert for summer!
- 4 strawberries, washed and halved
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and quartered
- 2 slices rockmelon, cut into 2 cm pieces
- 100 g low-fat vanilla yoghurt
- 2 mint leaves, washed and finely sliced
- ½ teaspoon honey
- Prepare fruit and serve in a bowl.
- Stir yoghurt, mint and honey together in a small serving bowl.
- Drizzle or dollop yoghurt over fruit or simply use a fork or toothpick to dip fruit as desired.
Health tip: You need at least 2 serves of fruit per day. Adding yoghurt provides protein for sustained energy, and the mint helps to relieve nausea.
Cook’s tips: Any other fruit can be used here, so just use whatever fruits are in season. Make a larger serve for a quick, healthy breakfast option.
Low Lactose: Use lactose free yoghurt
Per serve: energy 682 kJ, protein 8.3 g, fat 0.5 g, saturated fat 0.1 g, cholesterol 6 mg, carbohydrate 27.6 g, fibre 4.7 g, sodium 95.6 mg, GI low