- ¼ teaspoon fresh chilli, ﬁnely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon coriander (cilantro) roots, ﬁnely chopped
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 16 banana prawns (about 800 g), raw, shelled, cut in half lengthways and deveined
- 70 g rocket (arugula), long ends removed, washed and spun dry
- 100 g fresh bean shoots, washed and drained
- 20 g peanuts, chopped
- ¼ cup coriander (cilantro) leaves, washed and ﬁnely chopped
- canola oil spray
- juice of ½ medium lemon
- juice of ½ lime
- Place the chilli, garlic, coriander roots, olive oil and prawns in a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix together and marinate.
- Mix the rocket with the bean shoots, chopped peanuts and coriander leaves.
- Pre-heat a non-stick frypan or wok and lightly spray with canola oil.
- Add half the prawns and stir-fry in a hot pan until the prawns change in colour (become orange). Remove from the pan and place in a small bowl. Cook the remaining prawns.
- Add all the cooked prawns to the salad mix and pour the lemon and lime juice into the salad and toss thoroughly. Divide among 4 plates and serve.
Tip: This dish is bursting with ﬂavour and is a great feed on a hot day.
Diabetic Friendly: Serve with mango & avocado
Per serve: fat 5.3 g | saturated fat 0.7 g | protein 43.6 g | carbohydrate 2.2 g | sodium 706 mg | energy 991 kJ (237 Cal) | GI low