- 1 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and very thinly sliced
- ½ cup (125 ml) chilled water
- ½ cup (125 ml) cloudy apple juice
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1 quarter apple, washed and thinly sliced, to garnish (optional)
- Place ginger, water and apple juice into a large glass. Stir well and allow flavours to infuse for 5 minutes, or longer, if time permits.
- Remove ginger pieces and pour over crushed ice and serve.
Health tip: Ginger can be used to ease nausea and morning sickness.
Cook’s tips: Crushed ice can be made by simply placing ice in a blender or food processor. It’s easier if smaller ice cubes are used. Replace cloudy apple juice with regular apple juice, light cranberry juice or ruby red grapefruit juice as an alternative. Leave out the sliced apple, and heat in the microwave to enjoy as a hot beverage instead.
Kids & Teens: Special Occasion Food
Per serve: energy 245 kJ, protein 0 g, fat 0 g, saturated fat 0 g, cholesterol 0 mg, carbohydrate 15 g, fibre 0 g, sodium 12.2 mg, GI low