This lovely stir fry is fantastic for a family dinner, or entertaining with friends.
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2½ tablespoons gluten-free cornflour
- 4 x 150 g skinless fillets barramundi, cut into 3 cm x 3 cm pieces
- 300 g flat wide dried rice noodles
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 bunches baby bok choy, rinsed
- 8 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup gluten-free vegetable or fish stock
- coriander leaves, for garnish
- Combine the soy sauce, ginger, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, lemon juice and cornflour in a large bowl. Place the fish fillets in a bowl and toss lightly in the marinade, ensuring fillets are completely coated. Cover, then place in the refrigerator for 2–3 hours to marinate.
- Place the noodles in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Soak for 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain and return to the saucepan. Toss 1 teaspoon sesame oil through the warm noodles. Cover, and then set aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon sesame oil in a large wok over high heat. Sauté the garlic, bok choy and mushrooms until just tender. Add the marinated barramundi pieces and any remaining marinade. Add the stock and heat for a further 2–3 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. Finally add the noodles to the wok and toss gently, then serve in bowls while hot. Garnish with coriander.
Per serve: energy 1887 kJ (449 Cal), protein 37.8g, fat 6.4 g, saturated fat 1.1 g, carbohydrate 58.2 g, sugars 3.1 g, fibre 2.2 g, sodium 812 mg, GI medium