Serves Serves 4–6
This blender method hollandaise is quick, easy and delicious!
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 250 g unsalted butter, melted and kept warm (do not boil)
- Place the egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and black pepper into the bowl of a small food processor and pulse until slightly thickened.
- Keep the blender running on high and pour in the butter in a steady stream.
- The sauce should be thick and luscious. Check for seasoning and adjust if required.
- Keep sauce warm and cover with cling wrap until ready to serve. (To stop a skin from forming make sure the cling wrap touches the surface of the sauce.)
Cook’s tip: A better way to keep the hollandaise and the béarnaise sauces warm is to keep them in a wide-mouthed hot vacuum ﬂask or Thermos.
Per 100 g: fat 63.2 g, saturated fat 38.8 g, protein 4.7 g, carbohydrate 0.7 g, sodium 183 mg, energy 2431 kJ (581 Cal), GI low